Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Comfort food and gift certificates...

I've been in such a Funk lately.

I'm finally over the flu, boy did it kick my butt! I can't remember the last time I had to stay in bed that many days, not even after having any of the kids!

Now that I'm back up and working, I'm drowning in messages and trying to catch up on orders. I just can't seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it's there and I'm trucking along.


There's just something so soothing about fall and winter cooking. I felt a little comfort food was in order to help me get out of my funk, so I'm making a huge pot of beef caldo (like beef stew but not thick)
I have the essential, beef onion carrots and celery, but I picked up some butternut squash and rutabagas (don't you just love saying that word), mushrooms and gold potatoes, corn, zucchini and snap peas! YUMMY!
If I had the time I would bake some bread but with the amount of orders to get done tonight I'll settle for the bakery.


What's on your menu tonight?


Also on a business note, the cut off for ordering is this week, but if you procrastinated too long Gift certificate went up today!

Happy Monday!!!
Canela

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sure seems like it takes a lot longer to get over the bugs and flu that is going around this year! Hope your feeling better and out of the funk and feeling the Christmas cheer soon!

Scrapjoy said...

Wow that is quite a mix of yummy stuff. :) My husband made turkey lasagna last night & I just ate the leftovers -- even better today! So glad you are better Canela. I am probably one of those folks anxiously awaiting their order. :) Take care!!!

None None said...

glad you're feeling better and just in time for the rush too, I'm sure. Hopefully you'll have peace and quiet soon and can make lots of yummy dinners soon without feeling pressure from work. Wishing you lots of Christmas cheer!