Monday, June 1, 2009

Mary Mary quite contrary....

This is how my garden grows :O)





Our veggie garden has been in the works for three years now, and finally we are done!!!

We have a box planter that runs along the whole back fence. We decided it was a good place to start our veggie garden, and so did the gophers! We lost our whole crop the first year.

So with the wise advice from my parents, we (we being my honey) dug out all of the dirt, 70 feet long, to line the bottom with Chicken wire. This was last year, half way through he tore his knee playing soccer, I was pregnant so the garden was back on hold.

Finally last night we were able to fill in the last of the dirt. Thank you honey :O)

We planted corn, yellow crook neck squash, zucchini, acorn squash, butternut squash, cantaloupe, honey dew, celery, carrots, bell peppers, lettuce, cucumbers, radishes, eggplant, watermelon, and pumpkins! I also planted a dwarf orange tree in a big pot and in a couple of smaller ones, I planted tomatoes, strawberries, and sweet peas, Whew! In the last bit of space we are planning to try growing potatoes. Thanks for the advice with those Dana!

I can't wait to start enjoying them.

No comments: