Thursday, February 3, 2011

Destination Healthy week 3

This week was not an easy week on the weight loss path.
I only lost 4 ounces :( Guess it's better than nothing though.

I lost 3 days of walking to rain and kids being off of school...and I ate a cupcake. I know since I didn't walk for 3 days I shouldn't have, but met up with a friend for coffee and dessert, and I did, I ate a cupcake.

I have been really good the last couple of days though. I added in an extra mile to my walk, and I bought a home exercise dvd for the days walking outside is impossible.

I had a few people ask me what my goal is.
I haven't set a weight goal. My BIG goal isn't a number or size. It's a hike :)

I know some gals who have had a goal to run a marathon, I'm not a runner but I love to hike.
Growing up and in my young adult years we did lots of backpacking and hiking. Way back before we had kids.
So I plan to train for a backpacking trip. I'm not sure what trail, or mountain yet. I'm looking into what might be a safer hike for a couple of girls (my friend will be going with me) As we look into it and start getting ideas I'll share.

Anyone else want to plan for a backpacking trip? We could make a blogging girls hike :) How much fun would that be!!

Hope everyone who is walking this journey too had a good week!
xoxo
Canela

4 comments:

Elisa said...

Congratulations Canela. You should be proud of yourself. 4 oz is 4 oz and in the midst of a tough week, you didn't gain any back, so be proud. I am also a firm believer in not totally depriving yourself of everything, so a cupcake once in a while is ok.

Well I had some help of being sick all weekend and in bed, but I have also cut back on my portions. I am down a total of 6 pounds in 3 weeks. Due to the frigid cold here in KC and good snow and ice storm, we were snowed in for a few days, so no workouts this week. The kids have been off school for 3 days now and go back tomorrow. Hopefully I can get some exercise in and some sanity back. I love having them home, but we are all suffering from a bit of cabin fever. Can't wait for spring!

Best of luck this week.

Elisa

Linda said...

Canela, I too have begun the weight loss journey with Weight Watchers. This week, I lost .2 lbs. At first I was so bummed, but then decided that it was going in the right direction and it made for a total of 5.8 pounds in 3 weeks. That is certainly more than I would have lost before I started. I don't have a specific goal either, but I want to be in much better shape this summer when my whole family meets out in Yosemite---there is sure to be some hiking involved and I want to be in good enough shape to really enjoy it!

Tracy @ Crème de la Gems said...

That's a great idea! A blogging girl hike :) You know I'm in!

You are doing so good Canela~ Just keep moving, as "Dori" would say ;)

Cinnamon*Sticks Boutique said...

Thanks you so much Gals!! :)

We're on for a blogging girls Hike!!