Thursday, January 20, 2011

The D word

All right, here it is. I'm putting my self out there. So please don't judge, because this is tough for me to admit to the world...

I struggle with my weight. I have for the last 2 years after having Nathaniel.

I blamed it on the extra baby weight, but let's get real...it's been 2 1/2 years. It's not baby weight any more.


I never was one of those little cute pregnant girls. The ones that are all belly and chest and don't seem to put on weight anywhere else. I put it on everywhere, especially my face, my fingers my toes, my ankles, oh my poor little ankles.

Thing is after each baby the weight would start to come off, except this time. It hasn't budged.


It's time to get real. I'm not in my 20's anymore. My metabolism has changed.

I've got 6 little people depending on me, I have to stay healthy. Plus I really miss wearing cute clothes. Really really miss it!


So... I'm on a diet.

I've gotten back into my walking routine.
I wasn't able to walk in Dec. too busy and tired.
I was good about going each morning last week.
This week I've got 2 kids with fevers and who knows what germies so I haven't been able to get out on the trail and walk. I'll need to find something to do at home on these days so I can stay on track.



I'm putting this out there because I need to stay motivated and on track, and I know I am not alone in this struggle.

I plan to post my progress once a week. Feel free to walk this journey with me, or just skip these post all together. There will still be tons of pretty jewelry to check out on other days ;)

Week #1 179 pounds (yikes!) snug size 12... oh my did I really just admit that?

Do you have a favorite "lite" recipe, I'd love to hear it?!!

xoxo Canela

8 comments:

ShirleyC said...

You can do it, and do it while you are able to exercise. It's so hard for me to lose weight at my age, and with my limitations as to exercise. Once you lose a few pounds, you will become more motivated.
We do Weight Watchers. My husband goes to the meetings, and I do the cooking. Men can lose so much faster than women. At least I know if I don't lose, I am eating healthy. It all boils down to portion control and low fat for the most part.
Good luck!

Cinnamon*Sticks Boutique said...

Thank you so much Shirley :)

Diane said...

Good luck! I actually just started my first diet 2 weeks ago too! It's tough but I am hoping it will be worth it. I will definitely be following your progress as I am sure it will help motivate me as well. Thank you!!

Linda said...

You're in good company--I just completed my first week with Weight Watchers, too. One week down and many more to go---hooray!

TUTU Monkey said...

I did Weight Watchers (sis and mom too) It helped me understand the food that i was eating. I agree with Shirley...once you lose a few pounds you will be motivated.

May try a Zumba or exercise class......I find that REALLY sweating has helped motivate me....good luck.......

Astyn said...

My twins are also 2 and a half and so my 'baby weight' excuse is not so relevant anymore. I am working on it. You can do it. I will be following.

Shannon Chomanczuk said...

I have been on a diet for over 10 years. Anyway I am still fat. I had a baby 19 months ago and I can't get this weight off so you are in good company. I am way bigger/heavier than you. I wish I was a 12 again.
Anyway, my favorite recipe is for "fried" chicken. You use parmigiana cheese instead of bread crumbs. Tastes great with a small salad or a baked yam. Great now I am hungry.
Shannon C

Cinnamon*Sticks Boutique said...

You ladies are so inspirational Thank you :)
I'm so hungry but sticking to it! Hoping I see some small results next week.