Saturday, July 12, 2008

Big things in the works for Cinnamon*Sticks!

I am so excited I just had to share! I made my fist solid silver non wire ring today! Oh I wish I had my camera but alas it is in Montana with my hubby. I miss it, oh I mean him ;o) we are rarely apart so I do miss him tremendously. But enough of the mushy stuff and back to business...
I am so thrilled to be working with PMC again PMC stands for Precious Metal Clay. It is pure silver mixed with an organic binder and water to make a clay. I had taken some time away from it (the fumes when firing it is bad for unborn babies and well, I've been pregnant for most of the last five years!)
I will be sure to post a picture of it on Monday. I need to hone my skills a bit more, it is tricky to work with, but by the end of the month I will have some Solid Silver rings and gem stone rings for sale!

Next up for Cinnamon*Sticks Boutique are Three lines of Hand Stamped and forged Jewelry.
the first is "Moments of Devotion" This line will feature prayers and inspirational quotes all centered around God and Jesus...little daily reminders that our blessings all come from Him, and He will help us bear our crosses in life!

The second is "Expressions of Love" Jewelry to celebrate the Joys of Marriage and Love. The first of this line "So In Love" is in my etsy store. The second will be in my shop on Monday it's a brides necklace, the picture is of one I made for Rob's (my honey) friend who was married today.

The third is a line devoted to young girls, and young women. I've yet to come up with a name for it. This line is inspired by my own daughters who I hope to help become, faith filled, confident and independent women. We all know young girls are so critical of them selves and, so many of them put others down to try to make themselves feel better. I hope to help my girls rise above this pettiness..."no one can make you feel inferior with out your consent" Elenore Roosevelt
I do hope they bear that message close to their hearts.

Finally...I get my professional torch and some other fun tools at the end of this month so new designs are sure to follow!

4 comments:

Sherry said...

I love the ideas behind your lines! Your shop looks great!

Have a great day!
Sherry

Cinnamon*Sticks Boutique said...

Thanks so much Sherry!
Canela

Kristen said...

I have been itching to learn how to work with PMC...our art gallery offers a 10 week course in teh fall so I may jump in then!

Cinnamon*Sticks Boutique said...

Oh How fun Kristen!! I'd love to take a course and get certified! I bought a kit a few years back and have learned from trial and error...error can get a bit pricy with PMC! It's tons of fun though and so addictive!
Canela