Thursday, September 30, 2010

Girls night!

Last week I was able to sneak off for a couple of hours to catch up with Monica and enjoy some girl time. we had dinner at the Mission Inn, and chatted over coffee to catch up on life.


Monica and I have been friends since our first awkward year as freshman in high school. We have seen each other through so many major life events. We have seen each other grow into strong creative women.


Monica is a published writer and college professor.
When the economy took a turn for the worse and many of the Universities cut their staff, she lost her job.

After my first assistant didn't work out, I needed help with my shop, and she needed some part time work while she applied for new positions. Monica came to work with me for a bit last spring, shipping packages, and answering e-mails, and even at times cleaning oxidation off of completed jewelry. Don't you miss those black finger tips Monica?


In August she received a sudden job offer from a University here in So. Cal, then a couple of weeks later, she received a job offer from a second University here in So. Cal.!

So now Monica is a busy gal teaching and commuting between two Universities.



Congrats Monica! I'm so happy for you :) Miss having your help! But soo happy for you!!

Do you get a chance to head out for some girl time? What do you do on girls night?
xoxo
Canela

No comments: