Friday, September 24, 2010

Winner and a guest post :)

Winner of the 3 stacking rings chosen by Mr. Random.org is comment #4 Rhonda! E-mail me Rhonda and we can chat.


As one of the fellow Queen Bees I was asked to write a post for the Queen Bee Blog

I usually keep my posts pretty short and simple. This one is a bit longer so grab a cup of coffee, or tea and cozy up :)

Here it is...


Super Mom


"Wow! You must be super mom." I hear this all the time just after people find out that I'm a mom of 6 and a small business owner. I tend to have the same reaction every time. I giggle uncomfortably, and say, "no not really". Shuffling my feet and trying to steer the conversation away from me. In my head I'm thinking..."OH you haven't seen me when I loose my temper with the kids, and become the ugly mommy monster. You haven't seen the pile of dust bunnies in the corner of my living room that seems to multiply, well, like bunnies" I AM NO SUPER MOM!

How often do we beat ourselves down? As a mom and as a woman.

There was a clip on the news the other night, that said a typical stay at home mom works the equivalent of 16 or more jobs. Oprah once shared how much a stay at home mom would earn if she received a paycheck. I don't remember the exact dollar amount but it was huge!

As moms we keep our house in order and make it a home.
We take the kids to and from school, and the doctors, and play dates, and... We fix 3 healthy (most of the time) meals a day. Do the grocery shopping, with baby in tow. Clean the dirty butts. Stay up late with the hot glue gun in hand helping to finish that project that is , due tomorrow at school. And on and on it goes.
But beyond the super genius running of our house hold, we have super powers. We have the power to chase away bad dreams at midnight. We have the power to kiss away boo boos. We have the power to dry away tears and heal hearts with a hug. We have the power to LOVE. And that makes any mom super mom.

So yes sometimes I get overwhelmed, I lock myself in the bathroom and pretend I don't hear the ruckus on the other side of the door, and I have a good cry. Then I stand up and put on my big girl pants, or my mommy cape, step out and I return order to my home. Cause I'm super mom and I rock!

So let's stop beating our selves down, thinking we are just not up to par.
It doesn't matter if you are a mom of 1 or a mom of 10, dust off your capes and wear 'em proudly! Cause you're super Mom too, and you so ROCK!

xoxo
Canela

No comments: