Monday, September 20, 2010

Is it Fall Yet?!



I am oh soooo ready for fall weather.
Ready to pull out my favorite chunky sweaters
Ready cozy up at night with a hot cup o' caramel apple cider and fuzzy slippers.
Ready to bake! Breads and pies.
Ready to be immersed in the heady scents of cinnamon and cloves.
Ready to cuddle up with my honey on date night, wrapped in our thick soft blanket and watch a funny movie.
Ready to take the kids apple picking, and to the pumpkin patch.
Ready to breath in the crisp cool breezes and changing leaves.
I'm ready!

Nothing Gold Can Stay by Robert Frost
Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leafs a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
I love Frosts' poems! I have 2 necklaces in the works both inspired by his poems. They are almost ready to be unveiled. I can't wait!
What do you look forward to most in Fall?
xoxo
Canela

1 comment:

Dawn Doucette said...

I just had all of the same thoughts this weekend. In the spirit of fall, I lit my cinnamon toast candle. :) I do love everything about fall!

Hope you enjoy the change in the season!
{Hugs!}

Dawn