Thursday, September 3, 2009

A little randomness...

When did you know you were all grown up?

My closest girlfriend Monica is in the process of writing an essay on this for a writing contest. She's an amazing writer, published and everything! I think she'll win, I'm not biased at all ;)

It is funny how things present them selves in our lives.
Monica and I were able to spend an afternoon at New Port beach a couple of weeks ago.
We reminisced over high school memories...as she reminded me today we've know each other for almost 20 years now!
We talked about...
~When we knew we were a "grown up"
~When we took responsibility for our teenage stupidity and selfishness...Yes mom you did know what you were talking about. Imagine that!
~When we realized we could do what we loved as a grown up job. For her writing for me metalsmithing.

I'm not sure when I grew up, or if I'm even grown up yet. I don't think we ever stop growing up.

A few days later she found a call for entries in a writing contest. The topic...When did you know you were grown up!

I can't wait to read her essay, hopefully in the magazine!

No comments: