Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Pancakes with apple topping recipe


I had a quite a few people e-mail asking me for my apple pancake recipe so here it is.....


It's really super easy but keep in mind that when I cook I don't measure unless I'm baking so you may need to play with the spices to adjust to your taste.


PANCAKES...for an army :O)


1 cup flour

2 tsp baking powder

1 Tbsp sugar


1 cup milk

1 egg

2 Tbsp veggie oil


(I multiply this all by 5 in order to make enough for my family)


Mix your wet ingredients in small bowl and set aside


In a larger bowl mix the dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients all at once. Mix just till most of the lumps are gone.


Cook


APPLE TOPPING


2-5 granny smith apples (with the sugar and whip cream you'll want a nice tart apple)

1-2 Tbls butter

1/2 to 1 cup brown sugar

about 1 tsp cinnamon

sprinkle of nutmeg

sprinkle of cloves


Peal and cut 2-5 granny smith apples in to bite size pieces. You'll need to gauge how many apples you need to how many you are cooking for. I use 5 apples to feed 8


In a skillet heat 1-2 Tbls butter till just melted and hot. Add in apples all at once. add brown sugar, sprinkle Cinnamon till tops of apples are coated nicely. Sprinkle with a bit of cloves and Nutmeg.


Cook over Med. heat till apples are fork tender


WHIPPED CREAM.


I love making my own whip cream. It tastes so much better! It's super easy for those who haven't tried.


1-2 cups Heavy chipping cream

1-2 Tbls Sugar.


Chill a large bowl, if you have a kitchen mixer put the metal bowl and whisk in the fridge while you cook the apples.


add cold cream to cold bowl mix on high until the cream is the consistency you like. Add sugar to taste.

We don't like ours too sweet so I add only about 1/2 to 1 Tbls into 2 cups of cream.


Server apples over pancakes add whip cream....Enjoy!


Told you it was super simple!

1 comment:

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

Thanks so much for sharing! I'll have to give these a try this Saturday.