Friday, September 25, 2009

Seriously?!

Shipping as many packages as I do on a daily basis I've just about seen it all. Lost packages, packages heading from California to Colorado that some how end up on a door step in Maine. Stickers that say undeliverable address, or no forwarding address provided when the person has lived there most of their life.
I really wonder sometimes if my customers think I make this stuff up.


This one came back to my door step looking like this today.





I can't tell if they ran it over, or threw it in the cogs of some machine, but my favorite part is the stamp that says "Damaged in handling in the postal service, no contents in package", yet they taped over the many holes in the envelope!

This is why I buy the insurance!

7 comments:

Mouse said...

*shudders* Duuuuude. This is why I ship out knitwear from my shop in boxes.. the idea of something coming back to me in a snarl of yarn (or worse) terrifies me. Was the package empty?

Cinnamon*Sticks Boutique said...

Yep completely empty :(

Ruth and Brian said...

Totally unbelievable! Or rather believable but totally ridiculous!!! Glad you bought insurance on it, yet now you have to re-do for your customer. UGH!!!!

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

Wow, completely empty! That's crazy. And it looks as though someone did the mamba on that poor envelope.

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

I really wish the mail people would not play hockey with packages.

I had a similar experience this week, except everything was broken in the package. The weird thing is I mailed almost the same items to the woman about a week before and they were fine. I did not have insurance on that package. I do have one question on insurance, is it easy to claim when the contents are damaged? Or is it a pain in the butt?

Cinnamon*Sticks Boutique said...

It is a pain to file the insurance claim.

Anonymous said...

That's been my week! Two out of three things I shipped ended up going who knows where.....and both clients accused me of lying about it! It was awful, and I really took the questioning of my honesty personally!