Thursday, January 14, 2010

A day at the beach

I feel off of the face of the blogging earth during the holidays this year. Between getting so sick and then a mad rush to get orders done and shipped i just couldn't tend to my blog. So now it's time to catch up.

Over Thanksgiving we took a trip to central California to visit my in laws.

It was a 5 + hour drive so I told my hubby I wanted to make a trip out of it and take the kids to do something.

Aside from flying to Solvange one time as a kid with my dad I've never been to Central California. I've always had this dream of taking a week and driving up the Pacific Coast Highway with my honey and stopping at all the cute little coastal towns. Someday!

We looked over a map and discovered the route we needed to take was a little too inland to follow the coast, but at one point Cambria wasn't too far out of the way so we decided to stop in Cambira for a couple of hours. My hubby is the organizer! He likes to have a plan and he doesn't often like to stray from the plan.

We took the route to Cambira and as we approached the stop light where the sign read "Cambria right, Coatal access left", my husband told me to turn left. I looked at him a little shocked and asked if he was sure.



We found a little cove and took all the kids to the beach for the first time! It was BLISS! It was a pebble beach with pine trees growing right up to the bluff. The tide pools were brimming with life. The kids had a blast discovering sea creatures and climbing on the big boulders, the baby has a ball scooping up pebbles and dropping them down and scooping them back up again. It will be a memory I treasure forever!










3 comments:

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

You are so lucky to be able to go to the beach this time of year. Beautiful photographs. Beautiful family!!

Mammabellarte Rita Reade said...

Look at them! I never seen them all together. Bella Famiglia Canela. Hope to see you soon Ciao Rita mammabellarte

Tracy @ Crème de la Gems said...

Great pictures! You are very Blessed Canela :)