Tuesday, January 12, 2010

To do...


Are you an organizer? I'm sooo not! I need to keep a constant running list of things I need to do or I forget, or get distracted.


If you're like me you know what I mean...


I start by clearing the kitchen table only to notice that there is a spot on the counter that needs to be wiped, so I wipe it up, and as I take the rag out to the laundry to drop it in I notice the pile of woodchips left behind by the shoes, (do you hate wood chips as much as I do), so I sweep it up and notice the trash looks full as I'm emptying the dust pan, so I take it out and then notice the flowers haven't been watered yet so I water them, then I head back into the house wondering what was I doing again?

I know that was a huge run on sentence, but that is how it goes on and on with the distractions.


I keep a daily list so I can keep site of what I need to accomplish that day. It helps my sanity, and there is something so satisfying about checking off each item.


How do you keep your day organized?

6 comments:

The Four on Board said...

post it notes up the wazooo!!! to do lists everywhere...and OH the joy I feel when I cross things off!

None None said...

Lists, lists, and more lists! And nothing beats the pleasure derived when I cross something off. :)

High Heels and a Sippy Cup said...

Did you know there is an acronym for that? I didn't until recently. It's S.H.E. Side-tracked Home Executive. I'm a recovering SHE myself. Have you heard of the Flylady? She has an amazing system of routines to help out SHE's like us. Check out her book(Sink Reflections) or her website www.flylady.com if you are tired of being a SHE. It has literally changed my life in a very good way.

Ruth and Brian said...

Oh my gosh, you just described my exact day!!! I too would LOVE to be more organized myself.

Know that you are not alone in your quest for organization.

:-) Ruth

Unknown said...

Exacttly the same way you do...I walk into a room and forget why I went there-ugh! I have notes upon notes-sitting right next to me now! I LOVE to be able to cross something off-lol.

Tracy @ Crème de la Gems said...

We must be long lost sisters ;) Seriously!!! I make a list, then forget I made a list and make another list, and so on, and so on.......