Wednesday, August 25, 2010

SPARK!!! and the recipe :)



Have you heard of SPARK? The buzz has been all over blog land and I'm sooo thrilled that I get to attend! It was last minute for me because I needed to arrange for sitting, school drop offs and pick ups, Thank you Thank you Thank you LeAnn, Mom, and my Honey for looking after my brood so I can drive off to Utah to play ;) I'm sure I will come home to find the kids have played endless hours of Wii and eaten frosting sandwiches (don't ask!) for dinner, but some times the kids need daddy to take over. I'm sure you'll hear me gushing with excitement as Sept 10th draws near!


So I had every intention of posting the Fish taco recipe (yes mom I remember what you use to say about good intentions) But our internet has been acting up over the last week till last night it was horrible so I had to wait for Verizon to fix it.

Now that I'm back up and running here it is...


Fish tacos, my twist on a recipe from everyday food.


2 pounds tilapia
veggie oil
salt
pepper
lime

1/2 cup sour cream
1 lime zest and juice
2-3 shots (shakes dabs what ever you may call it) Tabasco sauce

corn tortillas

toppings...
cilantro
red cabbage
finely sliced red and yellow bell peppers
avocado
cojita cheese

Turn broiler on to high


rinse and pat dry your fish. Coat in a little bit of veggie oil (a couple of TBLS) salt and pepper squeeze juice of 1 lime over.
Place under broiler for 6-8 minutes or till cooked through and fish flakes.


While the fish cooks put sour cream in a bowl at the zest of one lime the juice of one whole lime, and tobasco sauce to taste, stir.

Chop your veggies and heat your tortillas.
Serve and enjoy! Easy Peasy!!! (and the first meal in ages that EVERYONE loved!!)


What is a dinner time winner in your home? I'd love to hear!

xoxo

Canela

3 comments:

Shan said...

We just did fish tacos for the first time last week and loved them also! I used the adobo sauce from a can of chilpoltle peppers instead of Tabasco but otherwise about the same recipe.

Brian and Ruth said...

Just curious, did I miss the announcement of the photo winners??

Tacos looks amazing!

Jennifer said...

My daughter is SO picky the closest thing I have to a dinner the whole family likes is scones or waffles.

And as always your new designs are amazing.