Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Pay it Forward!


The other day I was at Starbucks getting my coffee fix. Let's face it with 6 little ones in tow the Starbucks drive through is one of my best friends! I ordered my usual and pulled around to the window just as the previous customer was driving away. I took out my money to hand to the young man at the window. He just smiled and said the last customer paid for your coffee.


At first I thought seriously? I asked "Your kidding with me, right?" He just handed me my coffee and said nope have a nice day. I was so touched and humbled. Some one who had never even seen me bought my coffee. It really made my day :o)


The little things make a huge difference in someones day...think about it the next time you have a couple extra bucks in your pocket. :o)

8 comments:

Bunny Chic Boutique said...

Oh I LOVE Pay It Foward ~ I'm going to do a "Random Act of Kindness" tomorrow!! Thanks for this fabulous idea/reminder!!

Thanks also for checking on us ~ the Storm is almost gone and we have our Power back on!!!

Bunny Hugs ~

Jayne

Heidi Zawisza said...

Oh, this is AWESOME! I am going to do the same thing as well!

Rosebud Collection said...

What a beautiful thing to do..I tell you, it touched me..There is so much good in this world and this shows it.

The Vintage Housewife... said...

thanks for the awesome story...i love it doll...and you are the sweetest thing ever...it couldn't happen to a nicer gal...i enjoyed meetin you honey...blessings cat thevintagehousewife.blogspot.com

Amy said...

All I can say is WOW!

Dana said...

I love this. Makes your day and in turn you do something nice for someone else. I love, love, love it!!

Also, can you email me at dana@oldredbarnco.com?

Anonymous said...

oh, I love this story!
One recent evening, I was away doing a photo shoot around dinner time, so my husband took our five children out to eat. When dinner was over, the waitress brought a tray of five dishes of ice cream for the kids and said that the kind older couple at a nearby table wanted to treat our kids to dessert. They said they were impressed with their behaviors! (of chorse I asked whose kids he was feeding, and where had he stuck ours!)
Random acts of kindness are so refreshing and inspiring, aren't they?
P.S. I've recently discovered your blog. I'm enjoying your posts, and I love your jewerly!

Cinnamon*Sticks Boutique said...

Thank you for the sweet comment ladies :o) There is so much good in this world!
Canela